There is an award among bloggers called the Leibster award. It is for newer bloggers that have less than 200 followers that deserve some recognition and support. The award is passed on to other bloggers that fall into that category to help share and support their blog. It is also a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers!
Here are the rules…
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to. (I will pick from both bloggers who nominated me.)
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
11 Random Facts about me…
1. I was born in Oklahoma.
2. I love to sleep.
3. I still hate the dark.
4. I have a freckle on my left foot that helped me tell left from right when I was little.
5. I would love to find my childhood best friend, Andrea, and see what her life is like now. We were inseparable as kids.
6. I don’t like winter…yeah, snow might be pretty but it’s COLD!
7. I would love to try working with glass…maybe beads.
8. I want to be a runner.
9. Photography is more than a hobby for me…I truly love it.
10. I love that people think I’m younger than I am. Yes, I used to hate it but now that I’m older I love it!
11. 13 is our family’s lucky number.
Questions asked by the lovely ladies who nominated me:
1. Why did you begin blogging?
I started blogging to keep my family in the loop as to what goes on in this crazy house. My family is scattered all over the states so we don’t see much of each other.
2. Where were you born?
Ponca City, OK
3. If you could describe yourself in only 3 words what would they be?
kind, loving, friend
4. Have you gotten to know any of your fellow bloggers personally?
Yup! That’s one of the cool things about blogging! Some of my blog friends were friends before blogging but I’ve recently made some more friends thanks to blogging. (Rebecca!)
5. What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you there yet, and are you what you wanted to be as a child?
I wanted to be a marine biologist so I could work at Sea World with Shamu! I also always wanted to be a momma….and I’m very grateful to say that I’m working my dream job!
6. What is your favorite type of exercise?
When I’m in shape I enjoy running. Of course since I’m out of shape right now I don’t like it much cause it’s hard! lol
7. What is your favorite holiday?
LOVE Christmas…nothing like reliving all the magic through your kids!
8. How many hours sleep a night do you average? Is it enough?
Usually I get around 8 or 9. I can never get enough sleep…I love sleep…sleep is my best friend. ;)
9. Who is your role model and why?
I’m not sure I really have one. I have some women that I look up to but I don’t really model myself after some one. It’s so important to be me…God didn’t make me to be just like some one else…He designed me to be me!
10. What is your biggest vice?
I care too much about what people think of me.
11. Is there a single person that has influenced your life in a big way (family or celebrity)?
Some people may say this is a cheesy answer but I can honestly say Jesus. Whether you have faith or not He is the most amazing man. Think of all that He went through, all the persecution and torture, and in spite of it all He was still so forgiving and loving.
My nominees for the Leibster award:
1. School Room of Life
2. Peace of the Prairies
3. Fit from Scratch
4. The Momisodes
5. Adventures in Geremialand
6. Nic & Bean
7. Hearts are Home
9. A Boy, a Girl, and the Marine Corps.
10. Trials and Triumphs of Loving My Sailor
11. Plucky Procrastinator
My questions for my nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Does your family read your blog?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. If you could splurge on one thing every month what would it be?
5. What’s one thing you’d like to learn this year?
6. What is your favorite TV show?
7. What are your hopes and goals for your blog?
8. What inspires you?
9. Do you bite a lollypop or savor it?
10. Do you drink? What’s your poison?
11. Can you roller/ice skate?