As I’ve mentioned before I LOVE Pinterest and I use it often for recipes. I also love crockpot cooking! Here is a recipe that combines both and one that is a big hit with our family! Crockpot Honey Bourbon Chicken…YUM!
You’ll need 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs. Lightly salt and pepper both sides and place them in the bottom of the crockpot.
Mince your onion and garlic and add it to the chicken.
Next combine your soy sauce, honey (I didn’t have enough honey so I used honey and agave nectar), ketchup, oil and pepper flakes.
Then pour the mix over the chicken…
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Easy peasy!
When the chicken is done I like to coarsely chop it into bite size pieces. While I have the chicken out I add my cornstarch/water mix and let the sauce thicken. Add the chicken back in to simmer for a while then serve it over hot rice. The recipe says that it makes four servings but it easily feeds our family of five. You could always add more chicken if you have more mouths to feed.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp cornstarch
- hot rice
- sesame seeds, optional
- Salt and pepper chicken and place in your slow cooker.
- Place onion on top of chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Pour mixture over the chicken in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours
- Remove chicken from crock pot and slice into strips.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 Tbsp water. Pour into sauce remaining in the crock pot and stir to combine. If sauce is not thick enough repeat with another Tbsp of the cornstarch/water.
- Place the chicken back in the sauce and stir around to recoat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve over cooked rice and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top (optional).
I’m also adding this recipe post to an awesome Tuesday Tips link-up over at Simply Better. Check it out and join the fun!
Uploaded with ImageShack.us