For those of you who missed it, I started a 30 days of me link up recently…you can check out my first post here to catch up. Today I’ll do two questions:
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
- Fear of tight spaces (mild claustrophobia). I’m not exactly sure how this became a fear I just know I have it. I avoid tight spots when possible and am not a fan of packed crowds.
- Fear of the dark. Yup, I’m a grown woman with kids of my own and I openly admit that I still do not like the dark. Now, I don’t have to have a nightlight in my room or anything, in fact I have to have complete dark to sleep, but I won’t walk out into the hall if it’s completely dark. That must be where Luke gets it.
I blame the Gremlins for this fear. Yup, that movie I begged my mom to let me go see. She let me go because I promised that I wouldn’t be scared after….yup, totally scared me for life. I have vivid memories of trying to stand as close to my bed as possible while turning my light off then running and leaping onto my bed and immediately under my covers to avoid the gremlins that were surely under my bed just waiting to get me when I turned off the light.
- I’m drawing a blank on a third…I have things I don’t like (like spiders) but I wouldn’t call them fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
Growing up it was just my mom, my brother and me so I have always had a good relationship with my mom. She was always the one I went to when things weren’t right and I still rely on her today when I need to vent frustrations or share joys.